Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Happy Birthday Opa

My Dad's birthday was this past Sunday, the 23rd. I wanted to get a picture of the kids to put on the front of the card. I thought it would be a quick, easy task. I am retarded. (And also not politically correct, apparently.)

The picture was already going to be subpar because Isaac's pinkeye had returned for the second time in 2 weeks. But time was of the essence because I had to get the card in the mail to try and make it relatively close to my Dad's actual birthday. So out came the warm washcloth to wipe up as much of the "eye boodies", as Leah calls them, as possible. Then both kids were dressed in something other than their pajamas, and (here comes the big accomplishment), their hair was brushed. That's right-- this was serious. For some reason, I thought it would be super easy after that. Stand them next to each other, give Leah a sign to hold, and *click*, picture taken. (This is where we go back to paragraph 1-- I am retarded.) It's alarming how near impossible it is to get two people to look in the same direction long enough to take a picture, without having somebody inadvertently giving you the stinkeye. Laurie, I have even further respect for the work that you do.
Take 1: Wait, what are we doing?

Take 2: This is what happened when I asked Leah to smile. I don't even know what that is.

Take 3: Cute picture, but the photographer cut off Leah's head! (Again, back to paragraph 1...)

Take 4: Only smiles from Isaac, with his squinty little eye-boodied eyes...

Take 5: A different tactic...

Take 6: Isaac loses interest.

Take 7: Leah loses interest. Sign lays abandoned on the floor.
Take 8: Isaac comes back for a second look (but only because I strategically placed interesting toys around it).

So there you have it, Dad. Two cute kids, eight attempts, one card. Happy 63rd birthday!

5 comments:

Josh, Lina & Caden said...

the chain of events is hysterical!!! I hope you sent him ALL of the pictures in order!

Laurie Heath said...

THIS IS THE GREATEST BIRTHDAY CARD EVER. EVARRRRRRRR.

Laurie Heath said...

Also I would have been thrilled to get shot #3, and I am perfectly happy, EAGER even, to chop off the tops of people's heads.

Davenports said...

I am like Laurie -- I would have stopped at #3 and thought, "Oh well, he knows what the top of her head looks like."

I have no idea how I will take a picture with three. I have a feeling I'll be photoshopping a lot.

Heather said...

lol! I love it.