In honor of Houston's Snowpocalypse Winter Storm 2011 (From what I understand you must say that in the most dramatic voice possible), I thought I would post this video of our most recent snow storm. (Which at this point, was probably about 2 weeks ago... maybe more. I have no concept of time anymore.) And, correct me if I'm wrong, Houston, but I'm pretty sure this classifies a wee bit more as a Snowpocalypse, no?
Isaac hit 11 months on Thursday. He then decided to kick it in high gear with his list of accomplishments. On Friday morning, we woke up to a new tooth (#4!), started standing up without holding on to anything, and even made some weeble-wobbley attempts at a forward motion. I don't even think I can classify it as walking because his body was on a forward slant for all 4 steps and if the couch weren't there, he'd have landed flat on his face. But still, suddenly the motivation is there. The most adorable part? When he stands by himself, he throws his hands in the air and laughs. He's just so proud. And big sister Leah cheers him on saying, "Mommy! Look at Isaac! He's standing like a big boy!" She, too, is proud of little Isaac. (Of course, she also says the same thing when he scoots into the room on his behind-- "Mommy! Look at Isaac! He came into the kitchen like a big boy!!" Just imagine if all big boys boot-scooted around on their behinds to get from place to place.)
Growing up with a big sister, Isaac has learned to be comfortable with pink. Just check him out pushing this super pink, super girly "shopping cart", as Leah calls it. Isn't he the jolliest little cart pusher ever?
This wooden pillar has provided hours of Peek-a-Boo entertainment for Isaac. It's his favorite game by far, and though he loves to play with me, he's happiest when Leah plays with him.

1 comment:
Yes, that would definitely be more than ours. Considering we had, um, 0 inches of snow. It was more of "OMG! IT'S MONTHS UNTIL HURRICANE SEASON AND WE HAVE TO HAVE SOMETHING TO FREAK OUT ABOUT!" Also said in an ultra-dramatic voice.
I miss you and your kids. Why is Isaac so big? Why is Leah so cute? Why is DE so far away?!
Post a Comment