Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Latest accomplishments

It's been decided. Leah is growing up at a ridiculously fast rate. These are some of her latest accomplishments:
  • She got her very first tooth on Sunday.
  • She flaps her arms wildly. She's been doing this for a while, but these days it's a bit excessive. It's her way of showing her excitement and desire to play. (I think you can even see her flapping her arm in one of the Eagles photos below-- it's pretty much just a blur when you try to catch it on camera.)
  • She has started "solids"... aka, rice cereal and most recently, peas. I wouldn't really call them solids, so much as mush.
  • She giggles! And she sounds like a little old man when she does it!
  • She's learning cause and effect. For example, she absolutely LOVES when you blow on her face, and she's just recently hit the point where she gets *really* excited when she sees you inhale and puff up your cheeks because she knows it's coming. So it tends to go like this: I inhale and make a big production out of doing so. Leah flaps her arms in anticipation. I blow air on her face, and Leah squeals. Repeat an endless number of times.

We are having an absolute blast with this sweet little girl. She's hit such a fun age, and we are so blessed to have such a happy little baby.

2 comments:

Jenn, Jesse, Kate and Jack said...

okay, so apparently, the bug-eyed look is just this stage of growing up. i just sat here looking at kate's pictures from last January and her eyes are popping out of her head too. funny stuff...

Laurie Heath said...

Now that I'm finally well-ish, I'll be glad to get to visit more with The Cutie-Pie tomorrow morning at church. All week Maggie and I have been imitating Leah's new game of willing people to make eye contact with her so she can scrunch up her face and look adorable just for them!

And P.S., I'm about to get my new blog going. I'll let you know what the new URL is.