Sunday, December 18, 2011

Busy Bags

There are a few (read: way more than I should actually spend time reading) blogs that I follow.  Some of them have useful information, some of them just waste my time, and some of them lead me into the mode of "if only".  If only I could decorate my house like that, if only I could be as "together" as that stay-at-home mom of 3 who not only homeschools her kids, but also bakes, cooks, crafts, and runs a non-profit that helps starving orphans in Africa, etc etc etc...

But every once in a while, I'll make something useful out of that time spent surfing the interwebs.  Like these Busy Bags, for instance.

 This one is called Pom Pom Stuff It In.  Because ya know... you take the pom poms and stuff them in.   The Busy Bags are great because they give the kids something to do during times when I really need them to be busy.  Like the last 15 minutes of trying to get dinner on the table.  Or trying to get myself dressed and normal looking so we can all finally get out the door and go to that appointment we should have left for 20 minutes ago.  You get the picture. 

 Lele likes this one best.  She gets to string the felt pieces onto a ribbon and make a long snake. 

 Whereas Isaac prefers this.  Unraveling twisty ties and putting them into this empty bottle.  (Why yes, that IS a Medela milk storage container!)

Busy Bags, busy kids.  Happy mama.  :)

1 comment:

Josh, Lina & Caden said...

great ideas!!! I am going to have to file that away for next year or so! :) where did you find those ideas?