Tuesday, December 13, 2011

October

Since I can't seem to keep up to date with this on a regular basis, I'll just take the time to go back over the past few months and share some sweet photos and special occasions.

 Picking out some flowers on the Judy farm

 It is just impossible not to love this happy face.

 The pups enjoying some autumn air

 We had some visitors in October and really enjoyed introducing the fall season to our Texas friends.  It was so very wonderful to spend time with that Davenport clan again.

Some late afternoon apple picking.  I just love how Leah and Micah are sharing a special giggle in the background.

The apple picking (eating) crew!  Followed up by the "most delicious apple pie ever".  In Mia's opinion anyway.

 We made some goo on Halloween.  Leah really enjoyed it...

 Isaac, not so much. 

 That evening we dressed as Little Red Riding Hood, the Big Bad Wolf, and the grandmother. 

 Oh!  And don't forget the woodsman.  He's the one that, depending on which version of the story you read, either picks the wolf up upside down and shakes the grandmother out, or scares the wolf off into the woods while the grandmother jumps out of the closet where she's been hiding the whole time.  Either way, Jared basically just got to wear his work clothes. 

 At the end of the night with some tired kiddos.  I'm pretty sure the Big Bad Wolf uses a paci when he gets stressed out in the story too, right?

Revived by all their loot! 

2 comments:

Stormy Heart said...

Such great pics! Thanks for sharing them.

I love your themed Halloween costumes :) I'm familiar with the more traditional version of the story, which is a tad more gruesome- the woodsman cuts open the wolf's belly with his axe to free Grandma.

Davenports said...

Love. And it made me miss you guys even more!

Oh, and in the version of the story I heard, the woodsman actually cut the grandmother and Little Red out. Yeah... no wonder I get nightmares.