Monday, July 18, 2011

A few weeks ago Isaac had some rockin' diaper rash. The doctor recommended some diaper-free time as
the best remedy for the rash, in conjunction with the fancy creme he gave us. Well, you can imagine what happens when you let a 16 month old walk around sans diaper... within 15 minutes we had 3 little puddles on the floor. Since we have yet to buy some "Big Boys" for him (I'm still traumatized from the never-ending year long process that is occuring with his big sister), we just threw on a pair of Leah's pink flower "Big Girls".


Looks pretty silly, doesn't he?  Naturally, he still got these wet, but at least they contained the wetness to a degree.  Now when Leah pulls out these flower underpants to wear, she pulls out an extra pair for Isaac, asking if they can match.

When I took this picture....

I couldn't help but remember this picture...
... and this one...
...which was taken just shy of 3 years ago!

I was in the kitchen one morning and noticed that it was awfully quiet in the toy room.  So I stuck my head in and saw the little ones sitting nicely and reading books.

Of course, once Isaac noticed me, he had to head over to the camera...

...but quickly got distracted by this sweet, pink cart.  And then gave me his tough guy face.

Every afternoon, Leah goes into her room for some quiet time.  She doesn't have to nap, but she has to stay in her room for a designated amount of time.  Some days she sleeps, some days... not so much.   I never know just what I'm going to find when I go in to get her.  For instance, a few weeks ago, I found her sleeping on the floor.  Under the crib.  Weird, no?



My Dad came up to visit unexpectedly over 4th of July weekend, so we got to sneak in some time with him.  It was great to see him, and as you can see, Leah and Isaac loved having a coloring partner.

"Here, Opa, use this crayon"


On some mornings I'll let Leah watch Super Why while I clean up the kitchen.  Isaac likes to back his little caboose up to her and plunk himself down as close as he possibly can.  This usually involves lots of shrieking, squealing, and giggling from their end.  And lots of smiles and heart melting from mine. 

2 comments:

Laurie Heath said...

I love your children. Truly, I do. Thanks for sharing the little moments of your sweet days with them.

Anonymous said...

I love the kitty pictures! So cute.