One of my favorite songs is the Revelation Song. If you don't know it, I highly recommend it. (Although I have a special fondness for it because my friend Paige is awesome at singing it. Awesome. So it always tugs at my heart a bit when I hear it for that very reason. In fact, I have just now gotten to the point of hearing it at church without getting teary-eyed because it's just not the same. Anyway, I digress...) I bring it up now, because it being Easter Sunday, it's quite hard not to sing a song that starts off like this...
Worthy is the,
Lamb who was slain
Holy, Holy, is He
Our Easter was quite the quiet one, celebrated by just our little foursome. It was quite nice and offered up some time for reflection and gratitude. (And temper tantrums, but let's not talk about that right now.)
Oh, hello. Did you see my Easter eggs?
After breakfast, the kids got to hunt for their Easter baskets. Leah found hers hanging on the pot rack!
Leah, checking out her basket of goodies.
Judy Family Easter Photo. It was a wee bit bright out, so we're pretty shadowy. Ah, well. Now you will recognize us should you ever run into us in a dark alley somewhere. Many thanks to my parents for clothing our children in such adorable clothes!
Post nap easter egg hunt. Notice the fancy church dress was long gone by this point.
I love this picture. It makes me laugh every time I look at it. Apparently Isaac was calling it quits on the egg hunt and hightailing it, leaving Jared behind with his very manly basket.
2 comments:
you are too nice. drew made me sing it at communion on thursday night, but ella happened to be very clingy to me that night and cried as i left her in her seat, so she came up and sat on my hip the whole time i was singing.......when is she ever clingy to mommy over daddy?! i much prefer to sit and listen to laurie sing.
i did a children's sermon at the front on the microphone with the kids on easter. to say it was nuts and outta-control is an understatement. i wish leah could've been there to teach me a thing or two. i miss you guys all the time.
i love the easter pictures. and tell jared that josh wants his easter basket back.
Dang, Paige. I miss you too. Too darn much.
Post a Comment