Friday, June 3, 2011

May Madness

For people who doesn't like to be super busy, we sure have had a busy month.  May was full of unordinary adventures in our house.  We started off the month by having my mama come and stay with us for a week.  It was awesome.  The kids got to spend some time with their Oma, during which Isaac stole my mother's heart with his sweet smiles, easy laughter, and love for being hugged.  Leah, of course, secured her stronghold with her adoration of all things Oma.  (I'm pretty sure my mom loves just how much Leah remembers from all the time they spent together during her first two years.)  And I got to have plenty of mother-daughter time, which was much needed and much enjoyed.  The weekend after my mom left, we headed up to Connecticut, where we were wined and dined for 3 days by Jared's oldest brother, Jas, and his wife, Erica.  (Fabulous!)  The day after we arrived home, our friends Laurie and Curtis from Texas came to stay with us for a quick, whirlwind of a visit while they toured the Philadelphia/Baltimore/D.C. area.  Can I just say how great it was to see them?  Can I also say how much more I missed them, and all of our Friends church family, once they left?  Two days after Laurie and Curtis left, Jared's parents and two of his brothers and their families came to stay at our house for a night (or two) so we could all take advantage of some Wilmington Blue Rocks tickets Jared had scored.  Follow that up with an overnight visit with good friends from CT and a trip down to southern Delaware over Memorial Day weekend, and you've got yourself a busy month. 

We loved getting to see everybody.  Loved it.  It was awesome to be visitors and to be visited by others.  But I'd say this picture sums up how we all felt once the month was over... 

Although, I'm pretty sure Jared and I don't look that cute when we're sleeping all open-mouthed like that.  :)  We're about to head out on a 3 day trip to West Virginia, followed up two days later by a week long family vacation to Westmoreland State Park in Virginia.  Basically what I'm saying is, don't expect another post anytime soon. 
And who doesn't like a sleeping photo trend?  These pictures were taken during Leah's nap time/quiet time.  We don't always let her take a nap anymore because it inhibits bed time at night, but she always goes into her room for some much-needed quiet time (for both of us!).
On this particular day, she chose to take a nap in her chair instead of her bed.  With blankets she pulled out from the closet, and in different clothes than what she was wearing when I put her in the room.   She later explained the wardrobe change to me by saying she had spilled water on her shirt and needed some dry clothes.  So self-sufficient now.  I guess that's to be expected since she IS almost 3. 

A dark photo, I know.  But I just love how peaceful she looks. 

2 comments:

Mark D. said...

What a sweet girl! I can't wait to see these kids again!

Laurie Heath said...

Can I just say I'm STILL not over missing you yet? xo