I've started weeding out the things in my life that I thought of more as obligations than enjoyment (aside from the tasks that are obviously necessary to keep life going). Blogging, naturally, is one of those things. It somehow became more of a chore I dreaded doing than something fun... which it used to be. Then there would be this ridiculous backlog of photos and attempted posts that just seemed too daunting to tackle. Finally, I came to the realization that I didn't HAVE to blog about every event. I didn't have to blog every week, and I certainly didn't have to feel guilty about not blogging. So there you have it. Your updates may be sporadic, but know that I'm not dragging my feet to post them.

UD Homecoming weekend was Jared's first opportunity to use his last Texas purchase-- a giant smoker and grill. The results were plentiful and delicious!

Jared's first deer of the season, shot pretty much from our own backyard. Leah kept asking if she could pet it.

Isaac helped Jess eat some birthday cake when she came over to babysit... and by eat, I mean he grabbed a handful of it off her plate and smeared it all over the table.

My little baker, happily stirring the cupcakes.
We took a trip to Texas over Thanksgiving, and I literally took 4 pictures the entire time. I guess we were just enjoying our visits with friends and family too much to get out the camera. We're looking forward to going again, whenever that may be, and to having some Texas folks come visit us up here. (Ahem. Mom, Dad, Davenports [too many of y'all to list], Adde, and Laurie.)

My mom got Leah and I matching aprons, and it only seemed fitting to wear them while helping with Thanksgiving dinner.
And naturally, while the women-folk were in the kitchen, the boys in the house did typical Thanksgiving day activities.

Like take naps.
And watch football.

Leah fixed my dad a pre-Thanksgiving dinner snack.
2 comments:
LOVE the napping and football watching pics! Oh, and the bare legs sticking out from the back of the apron (at least the backside was covered, right?). Also the very subtle nudge to all of us who've talked big about coming to visit... Love YOU, actually!
We WILL visit...one day. Once we get our act together down here.
Post a Comment