Jared is playing with fire in west Texas until next Saturday, so us girls are at home fending for ourselves. We do ok on our own, but his time away always makes me SO MUCH MORE appreciative of what he does here at home. (Seriously, husbands: If you feel underappreciated, go on a business trip for about a week. You will be adored when you come home.) While he's gone, I like to think that I'll do things like ride Rosie, go jogging, work on a quilt (hmmm, this is starting to sound a lot like my plans for maternity leave!). Check back with me in about 5 days, and I'm sure none of those things will be accomplished and I'll probably be quite frazzled (this also sounds a lot like my maternity leave). Oddly enough, I think Leah actually noticed Jared was missing. She kept turning her head and trying to look around the room when she was eating dinner before-- it's like she knew there was supposed to be someone else at the dinner table with us. She's a smart, albeit temperamental, little cookie.
It looks like she inherited my hair's immediate curling/waving/messy reaction to humidity. Which is a good thing, considering we live in Houston and it's rarely humid here.

Have you ever just looked at your kid and thought, "Sometimes, she's sorta funny looking"?
Ooooooh. Toy!
No comments:
Post a Comment