Monday, November 24, 2008

A belated update

About 3.5 weeks ago, Leah learned how to roll over. Since then, she's become a rolling machine, moving back and forth in both directions. The unfortunate part is that she tends to roll over in her sleep, which causes her to be VERY upset upon wakening. The good news is, she's lifting her head up a lot better, and is a bit more mobile now. We've also had 2 blissful weeks of sleeping through the night, which is FANTASTIC. It's almost as if she hit the 3 month mark and turned a corner-- no more night-time crying spells, sleeping all night, and smiles and babbling all-around. It's really quite wonderful.

And, to add to the fact that the wee one is growing up, she's getting her first tooth. (I know! So early!!) At first I was excited... about 30 seconds later, I realized teeth would bring a whole new element to meal times. Yikes.

Anyway, some much delayed photos are below!

Leah just can't stop curling up in the fetal position. I'm pretty sure this is not how the soothing center intended babies to lay.


What's the point of "back to sleep" if they don't stay on their backs?

Our friends Paige and Josh lent us this doorway bouncer. She's a bit small for it, so we have to prop her up with blankets. She also doesn't understand the bouncing concept and pretty much just spins. (Have you noticed the theme of unruly hair in these photos?)

My boss gave us this really cute nightgown with a cap. She finally fits in it, and look how happy she is!

And on a completely unrelated note, this is Heidi, reminding Rowdy that she's the boss by standing over his head while he plays with a toy.

2 comments:

Davenports said...

hmmm... seems like someone kept saying that things would turn around at 3 months and someone else kept doubting...

Glad she's turned the corner. I love that! She's got so much personality lately, it's so cute.

Lisa said...

I'm pretty sure she said "bear" in that video