Sunday, October 26, 2008

A homecoming at its finest

Sorry everybody-- I've been remiss in posting. We've been a bit busy around here, as Jared was out of town for a while, and Leah and I took a surprise trip to meet him up in Delaware and visit the fam last weekend. We had an awesome time, until the flight home when Jared got stuck sitting next to the largest man on the planet, and then our bags (including our car seat and some "nursing essentials", we'll say) got lost. So after waiting an hour at the airport for bags that got sent to Austin (why?), we tried to head home and got stuck in some crazy parking ticket fiasco when trying to exit the lot. It was not our night. Needless to say, the weekend was fabulous until that point and it was great to see everyone again. Enough rambling-- here are some pictures!


After arriving on Friday, we went to lunch at the Deer Park and took a walk through White Clay Creek State Park to take in some fresh air and fall foliage. I forgot just how tall and beautiful the trees are up there... those darn Chinese tallow just don't cut it down here!


Jared and I have come a *long* way from the first few times we'd been at this park together in bird taxonomy class 5 and a half years ago. I totally aced that class, and it had nothing to do with him being the T.A. thank you very much. :)


Little Leah taking in all her surroundings-- she's had an exciting day!

The next morning we all got up early to do some pre-game tailgating and then everyone headed to the game while Leah and I met up with Jenn and Kate and ventured down to see Kimberly and her new little baby Evan.

This is what happens when you let a lawyer drink too much...

Ok, so he didn't really pee his pants, but still, it's funny.



The goobers at the game where UD apparently got trounced.

Leah got to "meet" her cousins Katelyn and Evan for the first time. So of course we found it necessary to dress them all in matching outfits!Here are Leah and Kate spending some quality time with Grandmom. Kate isn't sure how she feels about all these new cousins around. I think she liked it better being the only one in the spotlight!


Leah and Evan hanging out together. It looks like Leah is stifling a yawn-- I think Evan is boring her with all his sleeping. :)


Leah and Grandmom getting in some last minute QT before we head out for the weekend. Leah says, What's with this cold air? Where's the heat? Where's the humidity?

We got to hang out with Jess, Stef, and Amanda (my sister, brother, and sister-in-law) too before we left, but Leah did a lot of crying so unfortunately no pictures were taken. We'll have to remember next time!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

No fair, I wanna go to White Clay Creek. Doh.

Josh, Lina & Caden said...

oh boy! what a debacle! you knew it your trip to delaware was too easy!