Thursday, April 19, 2012

Ummmm... hello?  I never know how to start these things when it's been, ohhhh, maybe 2 and a half months since I last acknowledged this blog even existed.   So let's just skip the small talk and cut to the chase. 

Isaac turned 2!!  And did he ever.  About a week before his actual birthday, he fully embraced the concept of turning 2.  (In short, he turned terrible.  There I said it.)  Apparently, my sweet little monkey of a boy must've hightailed it to the woods and sent back this adorable, yet monstrous, imposter.  Luckily, he's smart enough to know just when he's pushed limits beyond my capacity and uses that moment to "div mommy a diss."  Well... my hands are full. 

Leah continues to be sweet.  And listens well (mostly) (when she wants to) (not very often).   She is independent and creative and silly to the max.  She can coax Isaac to do anything-- play tea parties with her made up friends, or various pretend games outside like "Pirate Island", Dragons, and T-rex.  Her coloring has gotten ridiculously good lately, and she'll do it for much longer periods of time.  Most of the time, she's so well-spoken that Jared and I forget the period of time when she talked like a baby.  She wants to "do school" with me daily, but that requires dragging my sleepy, pukey bum off the couch.  And, thankfully, she loves holding babies. 

Because, ya know, we're gonna have another.  (Not like everybody doesn't already know that.)  The due date is October 16.  Since both the others were early, we're anticipating the beginning of October.  Most days, I'm excited.  Some days (like today), I'm so exhausted by the time bed time rolls around that I wonder what we were thinking.  I choose to believe this baby will sleep, sleep, sleep and that I will have more than enough energy to play with and tend to my three(!) little beauties.  Which will be the case, I'm sure.  If there's nothing else I've learned, it's that God will provide.  (And in this case, it shall be energy.  Whether that be via a sleeps-all-night newborn, or a shipment of  Red Bull to my front door has yet to be determined.) 

Also, our computer is angry with our photo files for some reason.  So until I get that squared away, no new pictures to share.  But perhaps this video will suffice?


I made fresh cinnamon rolls the day before Easter.  And we served them to Leah and Isaac as a bed time snack.  Can I make a recommendation?  Don't give homemade cinnamon rolls to your preschoolers at 8 pm.     Can I make another recommendation?  DO give homemade cinnamon rolls to sleepy mommies of newborns.  

1 comment:

AmyK said...

You'll have to share your recipe. You know, to increase your odds of getting homemade cinnamon rolls when you have a newborn. :)