Thursday, October 7, 2010

Leah!


At 2 years and 2 months you...
  • Are pretty much potty-trained. You generally have one accident a day, which is pretty darn good if you ask me. I marked the day on the calendar, and sometimes when you wake up you will still excitedly shout, "It's potty training day!" even though that was weeks ago.
  • Told me the other day that my dinner was disgusting. You also tell me that it's disgusting when you poop your pants, but that doesn't necessarily keep you from doing it. (Unfortunately for me, this is the one accident a day I get to clean up. Yay.)
  • M&M's are your favorite candy and whenever you see your Aunt Jess or Oma, you greet them with, "Can I have some M&M's?" (They carry some in their purses for this very reason.)
  • Love Monster's, Inc and Babe. Elmo in Grouchland has slowly become less popular (thankfully!) on your movie list. When you watch Monster's, Inc, you just can't take the suspense in the opening scene and have to watch it with one eye peering out from behind a blanket. It's adorable.
  • Are a big fan of dancing to music and will try to get whoever is in the room with you to dance as well. Unfortunately for you, you've only had your Mommy to learn from and so your skills leave something to be desired.
  • Falling asleep is not an option without your mimi. But when you are feeling extra sweet and generous, you will let Isaac hold it.
  • When Isaac cries, you respond with, "What's wrong, Isaac? What's wrong? I'll take care of you." So sweet.
  • Tell Heidi that she smells "like stink".
  • Don't like to go to bed without giving Heidi and Rowdy a hug and kiss. You also don't like Isaac to go to sleep without giving him a hug and kiss as well.
  • Like to pack up your monkey backpack full of "essential items" and tell me that you are going to work just like Daddy.
  • Surprise us every day with how much of a quick learner you are.
  • Wake up by running out of your room and telling us "I wote up! I wote up!" As if the fact that you are standing there is not quite proof enough.
  • When you try to sneak out of your room at night, and you don't want us to see, you will put your mimi over your head to make you invisible, I guess?
  • Still drink a bottle of milk before bed. It's the last tie to being a baby that you have, and since it's so comforting to you, we just haven't gotten rid of it yet.
  • Randomly come up and give me hugs throughout the day and tell me that you love me.
  • Are growing up way too fast. Please slow down just a tiny bit for me.

4 comments:

Mark D. said...

I hope she still likes me when I see her next month!

She's such an awesomely cute little girl!

Anonymous said...

You do still have readers, but without blogger alerting me it may take me a while to check. It looks amazing up there. I love the idea of festivals and leaves changing colors and cold weather. Ok well colder. I don't think I can handle snow. Leah looks like such a big girl. I love her overalls. Isaac looks like a mini Gina, but with wild unruly hair. Across the creek there are chickens and roosters and everyday Zia says 'oh there's Leah's farm'. I eventually just stopped correcting her. I am ok with her believing that. Can't wait to see you guys again. Soon!

paiger said...

that's how ella watched the intro to monster's inc. she does that for the beginning of nemo too.

i can't believe how big she is. they grow so much the first few years.

Laurie Heath said...

Love that little girl! And what a heavenly place for her to get to explore. Thanks for keeping us all close through your blog, and never doubt that we're eagerly awaiting every word and photo you can share. <3