Leah turned one year old on Tuesday. I never actually thought I'd be sappy about it, but it hit me pretty hard. On Monday, the day before her actual birthday, I kept getting teary-eyed whenever I thought about the fact that it had been one year since Leah had been born. One whole year! And though I knew nothing drastic would change from August 10 to August 11, having Leah hit the one year mark was like she was no longer my itty bitty baby anymore. The line from baby to toddler was drawn.
This past year has been amazing. I never thought I would find so much joy in watching this little girl grow. My friend Paige said it best when she said, Being a mom is beautifully and strangely exciting. I couldn't have come up with truer words myself.
Psalm 16:6 reads, The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places. Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me.

Beautiful indeed.
2 comments:
Too beautiful for words...
i am so wise....
and modest!
ha!
Post a Comment