Tuesday, December 2, 2008

You're too late, Obama!



This is Jared. I recently exercised my right as an American and purchased an AR-15. More specifically, a Bushmaster M4 "Patrolman". It's a semi-automatic version of what the military uses, the M16. It's commonly referred to as an "assault rifle" by most folks. Most people will immediately think "Nobody needs a gun like that." Personally, I couldn't agree more. Right now, no one needs a gun like this. And I hope it stays that way. But who knows what the future holds, and the right to purchase this gun (and all guns if some had their way) will soon be gone, possibly forever, so I broke my own rule of only buying what you can immediately pay for and made the purchase. It's not that I wanted or needed the gun right now, it's just that I don't like anyone telling me that I can't ever have one. Besides, it's hella fun to shoot. That's why I'm giggling like a school girl whenever anyone around me is shooting it. I also learned why soldiers always walk around so hunched over. Even though the kick of a single shot isn't bad at all, continuous shooting literally pushes you backwards:

Even Gina took her crack at it:

Of the guns I have this is her new favorite.

One more reason to own the gun: who doesn't like seeing a pretty girl holding a mean piece of weaponry. This may be my new favorite pic of Gina, even with all the cute ones of her and the little girl on this blog.


5 comments:

Davenports said...

NICE!!! That was awesome! We are both jealous... Melissa says "Wanna trade the TV for it?" Mark says he might get some credit card debt soon... hmm... he's definitely looking forward to shooting it on Friday!

Lisa said...

Wow, you guys have been in Texas too long. Or maybe Jared was just born in the wrong country...

Chris and Robin said...

what did the poor pumpkins ever do to you?

Joshua and Kimberly said...

Gina - don't let that gun man-handle you.....

Josh, Lina & Caden said...

Why am I not surprised?